Root Canal Therapy
In order to save the structure of a tooth that has an infection due to a deep cavity or a crack, root canal therapy can be utilized. The treatment involves the removal of any infected nerves or pulp in the teeth, a cleaning of the infected area, and then a filling or crown being placed to seal the tooth. The pulp of a tooth is not needed for the tooth to continue to live on healthily, and if not taken care of, the infection can spread and result in structural issues or tooth loss.
What are the signs that a root canal is needed?
- Severe tooth pain while chewing
- Your tooth pain wakes you up at night
- Teeth that are highly sensitive to hot or cold, with the sensitivity lingering for some time.
- Discoloration or darkening of the tooth
- Swollen gums in the area of the infected tooth
Root canal therapy has a high rate of success and is one of the best ways to maintain tooth structure and allows a tooth to be saved to last a lifetime. Additionally, the crown or filling placed the completion of the procedure makes it hard to notice by others that you had the treatment.
For more information on root canal therapy, call A Lasting Smile today at (708) 755-2220 or Click Here to schedule an appointment.